Monday 2 March 2020

I'm not obsessed with Hallowe'en, but I love my mother.

Awards season is long over. I saw most of them, despite really not being that fussed about the majority of nominees. I liked JoJo Rabbit; I liked A Marriage Story. If either had won, I would have been well pleased. Neither won for Best Movie, but JJR got Best Adapted Screenplay, and Laura Dern won Best Supporting Actress.

One awards show I didn't see was the Independent Spirit Awards. I don't think it was televised, not on a channel I could get, anyway. However, this clip turned up on social media, and I've played it repeatedly, partially because it's adorable, and partially because I'm not gay enough to totally get it.

I get bits of it. (I'm not totally unevolved.)


Demeter, by the way, is much better. Thanks for asking.

No comments: