Saturday 11 December 2021

Lost and found

I do this every damn year. 

I start buying Christmas presents and stocking stuffers in September and October -- which is a good idea. 

I hide them promptly -- which isn't such a good idea, although it is a good impetus for cleaning out closets and drawers. 

I spent a chunk of today shifting summer clothes out of the way, and was relieved to find four presents. 

After I re-hid them in a more obvious place, it occurred to me that some stocking stuffers I got months ago are still missing. I guess I'm still not off the hook for the drawers in the highboy. 

Back in the heady days when I wasn't responsible for Christmas -- i.e. being Santa's liasion officer, not the giving birth to a deity -- my mother would take me for pre-Christmas outings: pantomimes, ballets, and one memorable afternoon, a clutch of Christmas cartoons by the National Film Board of Canada. 

 This was one of my favourites.
(The gag about the dancer and the pianist hasn't aged well.)

1 comment:

Lin Davis said...

I found your blog because I was looking for the song "Band of Children" You mentioned it in 2006.
It is from a 1975 film "The Christmas Messenger. " Part animation and part real. Wonderful film. Thank you for helping me answer my question. Merry Christmas. Linnea Davis, Ohio