So I was heading up Cook Street this morning, and was startled to see this mural on the side of the dry-cleaners next to Wong Grocery.
How have I missed this? I asked myself, before noticing the painter on the scaffold.
I walked to the foot of the structure, and called up to the lovely young lady at work: "Was this always here, or have you just put it there?"
She gave me a dazzling smile. "I've just put it here! It's not done yet; I'll be adding to it!"
"Wow! And I'll be watching out for that!" I said, before marching on, as she wishes me a good day.
I think the figure is meant to be Chinese Canadian, although the hat that she's wearing looks a little like a Coast Salish cedar hat.
October in Victoria. I love it.
"Tall And Tan And Young And Lovely, The Girl From Ipanema Goes Walking..."
-
If you hadn't heard, today is National Talk In An Elevator day. Each year,
we use this day to step out of our comfort zone, go beyond the small talk,
and...
12 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment