The point has been made - many, many times - that the chord structure in Pachelbel's Canon is in the chord structure of many popular songs. (Actually, back in my Prairie-Home-Companion-listening days, the very same point was made about Beethoven's "Ode to Joy".)
However, it's still great fun, and I ran across this video this week.
Incidentally, the choir here is the rather famous Crouch End Chorus, from North London. I have a copy of the album they recorded with Ray Davies of a selection of classic Kinks songs.
However the earliest pot-shot at Pachelbel that I can recall is this YouTube classic from about ten years ago. It was viral then, and perhaps enough time has elapsed that I can share it here:
Between these two offerings, there are well over a dozen songs -- although, frankly, I think they're stretching a bit with "Let It Be"...
"Tall And Tan And Young And Lovely, The Girl From Ipanema Goes Walking..."
-
If you hadn't heard, today is National Talk In An Elevator day. Each year,
we use this day to step out of our comfort zone, go beyond the small talk,
and...
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment