He's tiny and excited, taking his seat next to his young blond mum in the top of the double-decker. He's wearing some sort of headband, and his sandy hair sticks up like a cone behind it.
His mum tells him, "I used to ride on the Sky Train when I was a little girl; it's really high up too!"
"Well, this is the Sky Bus," he informs her.
"You can call it that if you like."
"'Cuz it touches the sky."
I look out at the blue expanse, and imagine the top of the bus is brushing against it.
"Tall And Tan And Young And Lovely, The Girl From Ipanema Goes Walking..."
-
If you hadn't heard, today is National Talk In An Elevator day. Each year,
we use this day to step out of our comfort zone, go beyond the small talk,
and...
13 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment