Sunday 1 August 2021

Burning our reserves of courage

Here's something Spotify sent me recently. I really like it. Not sure how comforting it is, but I think that's rather the point. Everybody's saying 
That it's gonna be alright 
But I can't help but wonder 
If it's gonna be on my dime 
We are the powers 
Throwing up against the tide 
Burning our reserves of courage 
And working just to make it alright 
When we know it isn't 

We know it isn't, we know it isn't 
We know it isn't, it ain't gonna turn out right 
We know it isn't, we know it isn't, oh no 
We know it isn't, that's why we gots to fight 

You and I are trying 
But we don't get to decide 
When the man comes for our paycheques 
Don't you tell me it'll be alright 
We aren't the rich ones 
Some of us will barely get by 
They buy diamond studded shoes with our taxes 
Anything to keep us divided 
You know it isn't 
We know it isn't, we know it isn't 
 
For the life and soul of the world we love 
Fight, 'cause the promise is never gonna be enough 
Watching and waiting for answers 
Hoping we might see the light 
You beat it into us like a hammer 
So don't you tell me it'll be alright 
When we know it isn't

No comments: