Monday 5 August 2013

The new Doctor as a very young man

I'm rather thrilled that Peter Capaldi is going to be the new Doctor in Doctor Who. A chief reason (aside from the fact that he's a skilled actor) is that we're going to get an older Doctor. The Resident Fan Boy informs me that Capaldi is older than William Hartnell when he got the job. Of course, Hartnell looked older, while Capaldi looks younger than his age.

He was really young when he appeared in Local Hero which was 1983, I think, or thereabouts. I can't find my very favourite scene from that movie when Capaldi's character is the only person noticing the entire village sneaking out of their emergency meeting at the parish church, so here's a Pet Shop Boys video which shows a lot of him:

1 comment:

JoeinVegas said...

Always sorry to see them go, but I so loved Mat