It's difficult to gauge just how old she is; from across the coffee shop, she looks quite middle-aged. My mum's eye knows that the baby she is cradling hasn't been here long.
I'm delivering my cup and plate to the grey wash bin at the back, and so I pause at her table:
"Now that person is brand-new!"
She looks up at me and smiles and the years fall away from her face.
"He's two weeks."
"He's gorgeous; congratulations!"
She resumes her rapt perusal of his sleeping face.
I remember that.
Today, the Resident Fan Boy and I are attending yet another parents/teachers conference concerning younger daughter's plans for next year. Wish us luck.
Ancestry Updates DNA Origins
-
Ancestry’s previous update to Origins (ancestral regions) results was in
October 2025. They’ve been teasing “We’re adding 150+ new regions, with
greater ...
11 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment