Monday 27 May 2019

Energy vampires

I knew this was going to be a challenging week, even before this turned up on the Facebook feed for Demeter's church this morning.

I have just survived a short dinner with Double Leo Sister. She's an extrovert, and extroverts are supposed to draw their energy from other people - I'm just not sure they are supposed to suck other people dry, are they? Persephone the introvert (are you surprised?) is spending what remains of the evening drawing energy from herself - and from the occasional servings of espresso ice cream that she's making the Resident Fan Boy bring to her.

Later this week, I resume watercolour lessons with younger daughter. That's okay, but one of the students, who didn't make the last session, is a saccharine, platitude-spouting nice-as-pie woman who reminds me strongly of my late mother-in-law. I've tried to conceal my dislike of her, but I'm pretty sure she knows.

I've always suspected that people I have trouble liking probably have traits I hate in myself.

Am I a platitude-spouting energy vampire?

I want more ice cream....

No comments: