Tuesday 3 March 2020

I don't do that dance no more

One cool thing about living in Victoria is that I don't have to stay up until 11:30 to watch Saturday Night Live.

Mind you, if I PVR it, I also don't have to sit through interminable commercial breaks.

There is a certain thrill, though, in knowing what you're watching is going on at that very moment. Or with a two-second delay for bad language...

Last Saturday's thrill was seeing David Byrne, in an impeccable grey suit, and bare feet, performing with a large group of musicians/dancers/singers -- all in impeccable grey suits and bare feet.

This song was written in 2008, I think.


It was the second song they performed, and I understand that, on Saturday Night Live, the second song is the one the musical guest artist actually wants to perform. The first one is usually a big hit.

This one certainly is. It's from 1980.

Just for the record, David Byrne is 67.

No comments: