Friday 10 September 2021

The rock zoo

So I've left the coffee house after my early morning mocha, en route to set up Demeter's petit déjeuner

All summer, there's been a pile of rocks in a sort of cage on a bit of lawn by a house where the election awning is persistently being knocked over. Presumably, someone in the neighbourhood is anti-NDP, and might use the stones to throw as a political statement, something that's been happening lately in Canada

This morning, I notice that the rocks have been rearranged.
I gaze through the wire, and remember that the advance poll has just opened up down the street. Time to grab my voting card and ID, and cast my ballot, rather than a stone.
Update 11 Sep 2021: Closer examination reveal that two of the rocks read: "Worth More Standing" and "Go Away, Loggers", so I guessed this was about Fairy Creek. This morning, a hand-lettered sign had appeared on the cage, saying that this is an installation in protest of the rough treatment of anti-logger protesters.

No comments: