Sunday 30 June 2024

Ignite your bones

Glastonbury, the annual music festival in Somerset, has been on this weekend. 

We used to be able to watch long stretches of it on television and online here in Canada, but for the past few years, I've only be able to access highlights on YouTube, usually a couple of songs per act.

 I've found three Canadian appearances at the festival this year, bringing back memories of my daughters' childhoods.  Both Shania Twain and Avril Lavigne appeared to be having a whale of a time, just ahead of Canada Day. 

However, the third Canadian appearance left my jaw on the carpet. I glanced at Saturday night's recording of Coldplay, and thought: 'Wow. That guitarist looks a bit like Michael J Fox.' Then I realized that the guitarist was in a wheelchair.
I'm not what you'd call a Coldplay fan, but this was a helluva moment.

No comments: