Saturday 29 March 2008

Another talented fanvid creator, this one with fiery finger bones...

Thank goodness, a kind soul (well, several, but I favour one) posted The Friday Night Project on the internet. I won't post a link because I understand that doing so will merely expose such benefactors to a greater likelihood of being shut down and suspended, but I was delighted to spend my morning listening to tasteless jokes and innuendo. My goodness, that David Tennant is charming.

"Jane Henry" a romantic author (well, I think she writes romance novels, but I'm sure she's a very romantic person herself) posted a fanvid to which I introduced her in the rigmarole of locating a song which had been driving her around the bend. This is a creation of a YouTube poster going by the handle of "Flaming Phalanges", who, somewhat like Thebigbluemeany is a rare poster of rather beautifully done fanvids. Inspired by enjoying Mr Tennant on The Friday Night Project, with a charming and all-too-brief appearance by last year's Doctor Who companion Freema Agyeman, I would like to draw your attention to my favourite "Flaming Phalanges" fanvid. It's set to a song by Maroon 5 in their former incarnation as Kara's Flowers, and while I can't claim to be a fan of Maroon 5, this song is charming, and the tribute is a rather apt distillation of the relationship between Martha and the Doctor (which I rather preferred to the smug mugging of the Rose/Doctor partnership). "Flaming Phalanges" made this fanvid midway through the last series of Doctor Who, which is why there are only scenes up to the seventh episode of that season:


Now, I'll settle in to wait for kindly illegal posters of Doctor Who episodes. CBC, despite being a coproducer of Doctor Who, will sit on the new episodes until the bloody Stanley Cup is over sometime in June, and while I plan to watch legally and purchase the DVD when the time comes, I can't bear to avoid my usual cyber-grazing areas during the dreariness that is Ottawa in April while lucky British and American viewers happily argue over canon and subtext. Fortunately, we have a list of the usual suspects...

No comments: