Wednesday 1 April 2020

I like to be in Llandudno, okay by me in Llandudno...

So, after a run of peaceful nights, I woke up at 3 am, and still found myself awake at 4 am. Grrrrr. I got up, felt my way into the living room, carefully closing the bedroom door so that the Resident Fan Boy, who rises shortly after 5 to prepare himself to work online with his Ottawan colleagues on their time, could sleep undisturbed.

Good thing I shut the door. I went down the Twitter rabbit-hole, and encountered this inspired tweet:


I bellowed with laughter, and hastily shushed myself. I'd been following the reports of the Llandudno goats on the BBC News website. They've been known to descend from the Great Orme headway when the winds are high, but they apparently have never come so far into the town of Llandudno before. The people-free streets have emboldened them.

Similar encouraged wildlife have been reported in other parts of the world, including boars in Bergamo in Lombardy, an area of Italy particularly hard-hit by COVID-19.

No comments: