Thursday 11 July 2024

The key to a door to a world like that

Some songs sound way more cheerful than they actually are, don't they?
I can't remember the dream that I had last night 
But I woke with delight and excitement and then when I tried 
To remember the dream that I had last night 
It was gone but the feeling I had in the dream stayed on 

When I'm awake and I look around me 
I can faithfully record everything that I see 
Most of my memories tend to be sad 
So I wish I could remember the dream that I had 

I can't remember the dream that I had last night 
If I could I would write it out, underline the highlights 
Of the dream that would now redefine my life 
Be a new road map, affirmation and guiding light 

When I'm awake I note all that I see 
And remember it with photographic accuracy 
Most of my memories tend to be bad 
And I'm sad I can't remember the dream that I had 

Why can't I remember it when I can't forget unpleasant thoughts? 
I want to push them away 
They creep like weeds, 
like weeds they cover all the flowerbeds 

I can't remember the dream that I had last night  
But the simple fact that my mind could concoct such a thing 
As the incredible dream that I had last night 
Is a clue to the key to a door to a world like that 

My daily life doesn't interest me 
It's a never-ending litany of pain and ennui 
This waking nightmare is driving me mad 
And I wish I could remember the dream that I had 

Why can't I remember the dream that I had? 
Wish I could go live in the dream that I had

No comments: