Saturday 30 October 2021

Jack o'lantern jazz: freestyle, old-school, fusion, and bebop

I spent part of this morning test-driving jack o'lanterns.


 I already knew that mine would need a tilt. I'm the only family member who used a stencil this year. It's not as easy as you might think. I also decided I wanted to try peeling this year; allowing the light to shine though the exposed flesh of the pumpkin. (This is not as creepy as it sounds.)  

Note to self:  the stencil needs to be taped closer to the lid, so that the image doesn't disappear down under.
The Resident Fan Boy went old-school - suitable for scaring off evil spirits.
Demeter free-styled a sun-burst for a flash of brilliance.
And younger daughter has been focussing on the fantasy/horror series Stranger Things. She was mortified to have forgotten the "R", but I think the addition is in keeping with the storyline of children astray and missing -- something, I hasten to add, we do not wish for any trick-or-treaters tomorrow night.  

May the lights guide them home safely.

No comments: