Thursday 8 September 2022

Another amber moment

On my Twitterfeed this morning
I awoke early this morning; the Resident Fan Boy was celebrating his birthday by going into the hospital for minor surgery. 

In between pulling on my clothes and brushing my teeth, I quickly checked my social media feeds and was arrested by a tweet from Elizabeth Renzetti, a former Globe and Mail columnist whom I follow on Twitter.

Apparently the newsreaders at BBC News had quietly changed into black suits.

Things still needed to get done:  seeing the RFB off in the taxi, then crossing the street to go set up Demeter's breakfast.  I continued to check whatever media was available.  The commentary was vague, but pretty ominous.

I was washing up Demeter's breakfast plates, when elder daughter texted me from London at 10:36 our time.

She simply sent the words of the message that was fastened to the gates at Buckingham Palace:  The King and Queen Consort will return to London tomorrow.  "So odd."

"We'll get used to it soon," I assured her.

I didn't ask her if she could see the rainbow from South Wimbledon.

No comments: