Friday 30 September 2022

September ceases

The sinking September sun is shining directly into my eyes, as I head to call in on Demeter for the evening. That's why I initially think I'm imagining the spheres floating towards me.

Squinting, I can make out the silhouettes of a mother and two tiny girls, who are hurrying along the sidewalk away from me, living trails of bubbles.  Both girls have enormous wands, which they wave imperiously, but they are heading away so briskly, that they don't really see the full effect.  That gift is given to me, as each iridescent orb drifts past me, catching the golden light of early autumn, and turning it into bright pinks, greens and blues.

The trio vanish into the blinding aura, and I spare a glance at the last doomed globe.  It vanishes without a sound.

No comments: