Saturday 10 September 2022

Inches from a clean getaway

For our wedding anniversary this year, I bit the bullet and purchased an air purifier, the one most recommended on CBC's Marketplace, because summer smoke seems to be an annual menace in this benighted century.

So, naturally, we had no smoke this summer.  I was thinking about this, as I took a scenic route on the evening call to check on Demeter.  The slanting September sun looked particularly golden, and the flowers in the neighbourhood a wee bit dry.

About mid-morning today, I thought it was getting muggy.  Then the Resident Fan Boy, on an outing with younger daughter to Beacon Hill Park, texted me that the smell of smoke was strong.

The wind is blowing smoke from forest fires near Hope, B.C.

I hauled out the unopened box containing the new purifier, and set it up.  I'll then have to hurry over to Demeter's to make sure all her windows are closed.  Outside, the air is a light shade of umber, and I have errands to run.

No point in sighing.  I'll need to save my breath.




 

No comments: